There are so many awesome drama sites out there that have so many year-end and midyear round-ups, that it’s not worth my time to expect all of you to pick your favorite drama when you can do that elsewhere. Instead, we’re going to have a different kind of midyear round-up, wherein all of you choose the best dramas from different kinds of categories; some tame, some strange.
As for me, I certainly have been in a drama watching rut this year, for reasons I don’t even understand myself. Basically, this is my attempt at getting back into the drama watching and writing mood. Here’s to hoping it works. (Help me out, people!)
Comment below with your answers to some or all of the following categories. Once I get enough responses, I’ll compile the results and see what we get. All dramas that have aired or are airing this year (at least one episode must have aired in 2013) are eligible. That is, except for the last one, obviously, since all of us can only look forward to dramas that haven’t aired yet.
S.O.I. Midyear Drama Superlatives Categories
- Best Cable Drama
- Best MBC, KBS, and/or SBS Drama
- Most Crack-tastic Drama
- Drama With The Most Unexpected Ending
- Drama With Best Second Lead
- Drama With Best Childhood Section
- Best Taiwanese Drama
- Best Chinese Drama
- Best Japanese Drama
- Best Cliche-rampant Drama
- Drama With The Best Villain
- Drama With The Best Plot
- Drama You Would Recommend To People Who Hate Rom-Com
- Drama With The Worst Characters
- Drama With The Best OTP
- Best Sageuk
- Drama That Ended Up On The Worst Slippery Slope To Awfulness
- Most Surprising Drama Offering
- Drama You Are Most Looking Forward To
If you come up with any other awesome categories, please let me know!
Note: Don’t feel pressured to find THE BEST drama or anything. This is more of a chance to exchange drama suggestions of various types, especially the dramas that fell under the radar.