I know that I’ve been pretty lazy with this site recently when it comes to actual, substantive, meaningful posts. I promise to get on that soon, and I know I have a lot of material to cover. Like a lot. I really do apologize for that, especially the non K-pop affiliated people around here. No, I don’t live and breathe K-pop, I promise. That said, I do enjoy the community and most of the derivatives of the music culture. But before we go back to the stuff I’m supposed to cover, I’m going to take a quick detour over to Japan, with Tohoshinki‘s new summer single, “Ocean.”
The Short PV:[youtube http://youtu.be/rtx1RU4MdnA]
List #2343994 of S.O.I.—Things that I feel about this PV and Song:
- What is that intro? That is the tackiest thing I have heard from Tohoshinki, ever. It doesn’t help that this kind of strangeness is coming from men in their late twenties.
- Will Tohoshinki’s stylists ever figure out that the hair style that the two of them are sporting doesn’t actually look good?
- The song minus horrendous opener is pretty fun, though I’m actually starting to think that all of Tohoshinki the Duo’s brighter up-tempos sound the same. If anything, the song clearly spells out “This is a Tohoshinki Song” structurally.
- The PV itself screams “tacky” as well, but hey, I’ll give the boys a break for trying to be enthusiastic about summer. Actually , they’re a tad too enthusiastic.
- This would probably be the first time I have ever preferred Yunho‘s voice over Changmin‘s, nasal and everything. Changmin is just too scratchy for me to handle.
- Don’t worry, I still think the boys (who are totally older than me) are awesome. Plus, they’re back to rocking suits. Go do your thing Homin!
- …Does this count for my “DBSK, A History” Post Collection that I technically didn’t start yet??? Maybe?