GAH. This is totally not what I wanted, SHINee, not at all.
Things about this song that make me grumpy:
- This song is worse than “I Got a Boy” and that’s saying something. At least the latter had some flow. This doesn’t even have that.
- Jonghyun is not singing in the video. He doesn’t show up at all.
- Taemin, not more stable and colorful (voice-wise) Onew, gets all of Jonghyun’s lines.
- The video made zero sense.
- There is no dance hook.
- Taemin is singing ALL of Jonghyuns lines.
- Did I mention Taemin is singing all of Jonghyun’s lines?
- They had 8 better songs on their album to choose from and they picked the worst song out of the lot to promote? Edit: I want to make it clear that this album is really fantastic. I recommend you check out my post on my “epic version” of the dual album they released.
- I knew it, the pink slimy stuff and the lack of faces on the teaser images only means that the real SHINee has been abducted by aliens.
(SM Entertainment, Youtube)